A good social media strategy requires planning.
- Be sure you have clear goals for what you want to achieve
- Be honest about how much time you are willing to commit to establishing and maintaining your presence
- Decide on your tools
- Start small
Build your network!
- Daily – Spend 20-30 minutes on your social networks, comments and mentions. Remember this is not social time; it is the time you take to post a status update, tweet a good article or other similar activity
- Weekly – Send out follow requests for friends
- Monthly – prune your network so that it is full of trusted sources that align with your goals
Connect all of your social media tools together. When you choose a social media "home base" and make sure that any social media platforms you use link back to it.
Popular Social Platforms