Decide on a username that is not your institution's real name.
- Note that sharing an account is not allowed in Wikipedia, so you should not create an account for your organization as a whole.
- Click on the blue link "Create Account" in the top right corner.
- Click on the blue link "Create One" in the sign in box.
- Fill out the information on the page (email is not necessary) and click the "Create Account" button.
- Your username will now appear in red in the top right corner.
--From The Wikipedia GLAM Beginner's Guide to Wikipedia