Create a clear plan for organizing your topic and your site - from the beginning!
Step 1: What pages, subpages, and sections are you going to need?
- You should have more than 2 pages, but Weebly will limit you to no more than 5 (including your homepage)
- Your homepage should introduce the audience to your site and its purpose. It also should clearly navigate them to the rest of your content.
- Think about design elements like columns, sections, anchors, etc. to assist with navigation.
Step 2: What order should your content be in?
- How do you want someone to explore your site (ideally)? Can you create buttons, transitions, shortcuts, etc that will lead them through it in this way?
- Consistent or parallel naming is helpful.
- While each of your sections may be separate, you want the whole site to feel cohesive. Work together!
- Have people try out your site. Ask what they liked and what was confusing or frustrating. Ask them if the structure made sense and the navigation was easy.