About This Guide
This guide provides information on First Amendment/Freedom of Speech issues, provides listings of potential speech topics related to the First Amendment and Freedom of Speech, and delineates databases to search for researching a freedom of speech topic.
If you need assistance with your speech preparation research, please contact me via the contact information under my picture.
Liaison Librarian to the College of
Butler University Libraries
Find it All at Once! - ebooks, print books, articles
First Amendment Books
Defintions & Speech Topic Ideas
The following websites will help you define the issues surrounding the First Amendment and free speech and can provide speech topic ideas.
- First Amendment Center - Supported by the First Amendment Center, at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN and in Washington D.C., this site features comprehensvie research coverage of key First Amendment issues and topics, daily First Amendment news, commentary and analysis by legal specialists, and a First Amendement Library of legal cases and related materials.
- Research Articles on Freedom of Speech - scholarly articles on Freedom of Speech issues; can provide ideas for speech topics related to the First Amendment.
- First Amendment Topics - USA Today - Use these First Amendment-related headlines to generate speech topic ideas.
- First Amendment Topics - New York Times - Additional First Amendment-related headlines to assist with speech topic ideas.
- First Amendment Topics - Google Video - Check out video clips about free speech issues, again for speech topic ideas.
Databases to support your Speech Topic
When conducting research for a speech, the following databases will lead you to both popular and scholarly information on topics.