REMEMBER: Use WorldCat Discovery to find:
- Books, (ebooks, print books)
- Media (Streaming video, DVDs, CDs, etc.)
- Magazine and journals articles
Be sure to use the limiters on the left-hand side of the screen to narrow down your results!
Also, REMEMBER: Work out some of your search strategy before going online! Think about your topic. Write down key terms, concepts, titles, and the names of key people whose thinking or work is relevant to your topic. Be sure to include synonyms of key terms and concepts. Also, consider important geographic locations and time periods (i.e., geographic and chronological limiters).
InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
If you find materials in WorldCat that Butler Libraries do not own, you can obtain these through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). This is a service that enables Butler students to have access to library resources NOT OWNED by the Butler Libraries. You make Interlibrary Loan requests directly from the catalog or a database by clicking the "Request" button. If there is no request button, log on to your Library Account.
From your account you can:
- submit requests (use the Requests tab)
- check the status of your requests (under the Requests tab)
- retrieve electronically delivered articles
- request renewals for loaned items (in the Checkouts tab)
For all ILL questions contact Sarah Damery at 317-940-9677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.