Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Primary & Secondary Sources
"The raw materials of history — original documents and objects which were created at the time under study."
- Newspaper or magazine articles
- Books, pamphlets, government documents
- Diaries, letters, manuscripts, speeches, interviews, relics, artifacts
- Maps, archival materials, creative works
- Art, visual materials, music, sound recordings, videos
Source: Using Primary Sources by Library of Congress.. / Image Source: Primary Source Graphic by adstarkel. Used under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.
"Accounts or interpretations of events created by someone without firsthand experience."