Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
"What's New, Pussycat?" Wordle
New skills necessary for success in the 21st Century
Today's music librarian should possess these qualifications:
- Degree in music generally required with increasing emphasis on a graduate degree in music for academic appointments.
- Organizational skills; the ability to prioritize.
- Collaborations skills; the ability to "play well with others!"
- The ability to work wtih people of diverse backgrounds.
- Interdisciplinary research skills.
- Knowledge of non-Western music.
- Understanding of collection development philosophy and techniques in an electronic world.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques.
- Knowledge of new and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of social media.
- Familiarity wtih digitization processes.
- Knowledge of digitized book collections and how to conduct effective keyword searches of them.