Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Transferable Skills for Life Wordle
Top 10 (Transferable) Skills for life ... and a variety of jobs!
- Assessment! Assessment! Assessment! - we should be able to measure the value and effectiveness of virtually everything we do. Knowledge of assessment strategies and techniques is valued by most employers.
- Communication! Communication! Communication! - oral and written communication skills always come in handy!
- Collaboration! Collaboration! Collaboration! - the ability to "play well with others" is always an asset!
- Creativity! Creativity! Creativity! - today's fast-changing world with its complex and multi-faceted problems requires creative thinking!
- Diversity! Diversity! Diversity! - the ability to understand, appreciate, and interact with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds is vital in today's world!
- Empathize! Empathize! Empathize! - it's a stressful world we live in; people appreciate it when others understand and "feel the pain!"
- Organizational skills! Prioritize! - the better you are at organizing (thoughts, work, even e-mais!) and prioritizing, the more efficient and effective you will be!
- Project Management - skills in the area of project management and the ability to keep "several platters spinning" simultaneously is a valuable skill.
- Technology! Technology! Technology! - the more you know about current and emerging technology, the more marketable you will be.
- Try the Think System! - Harold Hill's philosophy had some real merit! We are bombarded with so much information -- some of it reliable, some of it the result of misreading or misinterpretaion or complete fabrication. Critical thinking skills are always "in fashion!"