Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CAT Lending Library Policies
CAT Lending Library
The Center for Academic Technology Lending Library is available to Butler University faculty and staff. Loans are available for up to a one month period and are first-come, first-served.
- Renewals and extensions may be available on a case-by-case basis, upon request.
- The CAT Lending Library does not loan charging or adapter cables individually. Faculty and staff can connect with the IT HelpDesk to request loans of cables.
- We reserve the right to limit or suspend borrowing privileges for non-compliance with CAT Lending Library Policies.
- Items are often requested by other faculty and staff. The timely return of all items allows us to honor the greatest number of requests possible.
- Borrowers will receive reminder emails before the loan period ends.
- In the event an item is not returned within the agreed-upon loan period, we will engage in the following process:
- E-mail contact
- Telephone contact
- E-mail to supervisor, Associate Dean, or Dean
- Telephone call to supervisor, Associate Dean, or Dean
- Last resort: report to Butler Accounts for the replacement value of unreturned items.
- Excessive and repeated tardiness may result in the suspension of borrowing privileges.
Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Equipment
- Replacement of lost or stolen equipment is the responsibility of the borrower or the borrower's department. We will make every effort to recover missing items and expect borrowers to do the same.
- The cost of repair to damaged equipment is the responsibility of the borrower or the borrower's department. In these cases, CAT will work with the borrower to find the lowest-cost repair available.
- You may view our Lending Library policies regarding extended loans and class loans by downloading the Lending Library Policies PDF.
Other Lending Services
As a reminder, there are several ways technology may be borrowed at Butler depending on affiliation.
- Laptops, iPads, and chargers from Irwin Library
- Media Equipment (video cameras, etc.) from Irwin Library
- Projectors and screens from IT Help Desk
- Laptops from IT Help Desk with supervisor approval
- iPads from CAT
- Computer peripherals from IT Help Desk
- Paper Easels from Irwin Library
Learn more about Butler equipment/technology loans.
If you have questions regarding the Lending Library and its policies, please contact us at (317) 940-8575 or email email@example.com.