Here is a great overview of the benefits and features of Google Calendar. This video shows the older version, but the features are the same in the updated Google Calendar that is used now.
1. Go to www.google.com/calendar
2. Log in with Butler username and password
3.You should now see all the calendars available to you in a weekly view. Here is an example Google Calendar home sceen:
From this screen you can quickly create new events, search your calendar, and change calendar view. To learn more about Google Calendar, visit Goggle's app support webpage for Google Calendar (click here).
(Calendar example from "Calendar: Scheduling, invitations, attachments, and printing")
To stay organized, you can create multiple calendars for different things, such a class, work, and extracirricular activities.
To create a new calendar:
1) Locate "My calendars" on the left hand side of the page. Click the down arrow.
2) Click "Create New Calendar."
3) The editing screen should appear. This is where you can name the calendar and add a description. You can also add people to this calendar to share it with them so they can view it on their Google account. Simply type in the individual's Butler email address at the bottom of the page. You can change the permissions of other viewers by clicking on the permission settings across from their name. Invited viewers can be allowed to create and edit calendar events or can be restricted to only viewing. When finished, click "Create calendar" to finish creating your calendar.
A short guide from Google on how to schedule meetings, send invitations, include attachments to invitations, and to print a calendar.
Calendar Training & Help
Click on the link to learn about Google Calendar, including how to switch from Microsoft Outlook calendar, keyboard shortcuts, and how to share your calendar with others.
If you need help with inporting from other platforms visit this site.
Atomic Learning has video tutorials on using Google Calendar. To access, first login at http://apps.butler.edu/atomiclearning.
To see all available Google Calendar videos, go to http://www.atomiclearning.com/highed/google_calendar.