Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What's "In Fashion" Wordle
Qualfications that have stood the test of time
These qualifications appear to have withstood the test of time:
- Knowledge of music history: major periods, movements, genres.
- Knowledge of music theory: knowlege of harmonic structure, form, key signatures, aural skills.
- Knowledge of and understanding of the philosophy of libraries and librarianship.
- Bibliographic knowledge of foreign languages, esp. musical instruments, terms, etc. in Italian, French, German. (Russian, Hebrew, Chinese, Eastern European languages also useful.)
- Knowledge of music reference tools.
- Knowledge of musical print and non-print formats.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to use catalog and discovery interfaces effectively and instruct users in their use.
- Up-to-date knowledge of developments in the field of librarianship and in music librarianship in particular.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Awareness of and general knowledge of copyright laws.
- Knowledge of larger institution's curriculum or needs of community served by the library.
- Knowledge of resources needed for selection and acquisition: reviews, recommended lists (RCL, Basic Music Library, , etc.).